Subject: Re: [Leica] Introduction, and question
From: TEAShea <TEAShea@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 22:00:19 EST

Welcome to the group.  I am a recent M owner and also use Contax G and SLR
systems.  For information on the different versions of the Summicron, I refer
you to:  http://www.komvux.skola.mark.se/hp635.htm and references therein.

In general, however, the present version of the lens is reputed to be the
best.

Tom Shea

<<
 Hi - I'm a new list subscriber, and a new Leica owner, having just aquired
 an M3 and 50mm lens.  I owned an M4 years ago and was stupid to have ever
 gotten rid of it.  I also own Contax equipment ( both SLR, and "G" system ),
 and I often use Minox and Rollei 35's, and Minox subminiatures.  Here's the
 question - my M3 has a 50mm Summicron (# 1926859) in a rigid chrome mount.
 It has both feet and meters on the distance scale, and appears to be about
 the same age as the camera body.  Is there a difference, optically between
 this lens and other 50mm Summicrons?  Is there one 50mm Leica lens that
 surpasses all the others in lens tests?  Are the Canadian assembled lenses
 inferior to the German ones?  Please pardon me for asking what has probably
 already been covered here many times before.  Thanks --- John.

 ----
         John Brubaker
         http://www.novagate.com/~photoman/