Subject: [Leica] Shameless self promotion...
From: Michael Hintlian <MichaelHintlian@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 08:16:36 -0500

Dear Brethren;

I want you all to know that I am hanging a exhibit of my work at Boston
City Hall for the month of February (1998).  All photographs were made wi=
th
Leica M and R gear and printed with a V-35...the images are 16"X20" each
and, if do say so myself, they sing! <huge grin>  I have provided a copy =
of
the press release below and will be posting the date and time for the
opening reception -- tentatively scheduled for Feb. 11.  You will all be
welcome.
>>                                                      January 20, 1998
                         =

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:                        Michael Hintlian
                    9 Manning St.
                        Ipswich, MA  01938
                        978-356-7896

MAYOR'S OFFICE FOR CULTURAL AFFAIRS HOSTS HINTLIAN'S BIG DIG PHOTOGRAPHS

Mayor Thomas M. Menino, The City of Boston, Mayor's Office of Cultural
Affairs, Iron Workers Local 7, and Iroquois Steel Corporation are hosts o=
an exhibit of photographs from the Central Artery Tunnel Project as seen
through the eyes of photojournalist Michael Hintlian.  The exhibition wil=
hang at the Scollay Square Gallery at Boston City Hall for the month of
February 1998.

The Central Artery Tunnel Project in Boston, currently the largest civil
construction project in the world is subject of a long term documentary
project by photojournalist Michael Hintlian.   Hintlian has managed to
obtain unusual access to this huge project and has been shooting nearly
daily for the last 5 months.   He has documented the actual work as it
moves forward,  photographing the men and women who are making it happen
and, at the same time, creating a historical view of how the old artery
appears as it is dismantled and replaced.

Michael Hintlian who has just completed a year as visiting faculty at the=

School of the Museum of Fine Arts, uses strong graphics to explore the
meeting point where workers confront the actual work.   Despite its size,=

Hintlian has sought to provide a perspective of this huge project as a
creation of men and women working both individually and collectively.

Looking forward to meeting those of you in the area...

Michael Hintlian