Subject: [Leica] Chance from R to Nikon?
From: Hendrik Korthaus <hendrik.korthaus@cww.de>
Date: Sam, 24 Jan 98 21:57:39 -0000

Dear Luggers,
after working with my M6, old Summilux 35mm and Summicron 90mm for over 1
year,  I' m more and more disappointed by my RE and the 35mm and 50mm
Crons, the Tamron 90mm Macro and the Novoflex 400mm. The handling of the
M seems to be much better to me. And the results... The photos taken with
M seems to be much sharper, more contrast and so on. Anyway, the M6 is
like a new old love. (The old old is my Hasselblad.)  Perfectly for a lot
of things I like to photograph.
But what is about macro and a 400mm lens? Reading some german magazines
and catalouges I felt an interest for this 'modern' AF-cameras,
exspecially for the Nikon F90X and the 2.8 zoom lenses. Thinking about
changing my R System to Nikon, I'll have a lot of questions: Will I be
disappointed by the quality? What is the optical quality? Any experience?
Is there someone using M6 and F90? Are there good and bad lenses in the
AF range? And are the lenses in any way comparible with the Leitz M
lenses?

Thanks for any help!
Hendrik
:-) The padre from germany at LUG :-)