Subject: [Leica] When is a lens sharp enough?
From: robert <louzan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 21:09:38 +0000

All this talk about lens resolution, reminds me of a tale that I was once
told by Bob Schwalberg.  A famous photojournalist friend of his had asked
him about a new lens that had just been released.  After Bob painstakingly
explained the lens design, the friend said, "Hmmm, so they made the lens
sharper."  When Bob said that that was indeed the case, the friend said, "I
wonder if the manufacturer thinks that by doing that it would reveal more
thruth."

Robert