Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 mm M lens comparisons (long)
From: TEAShea <TEAShea@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 22:16:00 EST

<<  I don't want or wanted to say that the current Summicron is a "bad"
 lens, but - as we say in Germany - "she" has her limitations. She's a
 fine approach if you want to imitate MF lenses, but she's a - somehow -
 unhappy solution, if you want something different than a current
 Japanese high-end lens. >>

Alf, do I understand that you do not like high resolution, high contrast
lenses?  I can certainly understand that for some situations, such as
portraits, a soft contrast lens produces nice results.  But are there not many
situations, where a high contrast, high resolution lens is desirable?

In general, isn't sharper better?

Tom Shea