Subject: Re: [Leica] leica m6
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 23:34:23 -0800

John S Payne wrote:

> Hello,
> I am considering the purchase of a m6 body and am confused.  Is there a new
> version that is availible called an m6 .85?  What exactly does the ".85"
> refer to?  Is this version substantially more expensive than the current
> m6? Are they comming out with a regular production of the m6 with m3
> features? Thanks in advance for your help.
> John Payne

The estimates I have received so far have referred to the new camera in
different ways.

The bottom three dollar quotes are cut and pasted exactly as they came
to me.

M6 .85 (new model)  black $2095.00

Cost of the new M6 is,$2095.00

Subject:   M6H
   Date:   Mon, 19 Jan 98 23:59:00 +0000
   From:   "Russ Sherrell" <russ@glazerscamera.com>
     To:   <dale-reed@worldnet.att.net>
     CC:   <ken@glazerscamera.com>

Dale,

Here are the prices you asked for.

M6H                               $2595.00
35mm f2.0 asph blk                $1495.00
90mm f2.8 blk                     $1245.00

There are Instant rebates on both body and lenses.  They are good trough
April.

M6H                                      $500.00
Lenses                                   $100.00 Ea..

Thank you for the e-mail    Russell Sherrell
Then if you surf to various homepages you can read other(at least
slightly) descriptions.

For example at
http://www.tamarkin.com/catalog/products/leica/leicamcam.html

you will read  "Leica M6 "0.85" High Magnification, USA New (after
rebate) $2095."     Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $