Subject: [Leica] Battery life (and price) for R8 motor-winder
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:53:59 -0500

Pascal wrote:

<<<<Of course, on the other hand, the motor-drive is much bulkier and
heavier, and who really needs 3.5 frames per second? For my purpose, the
motor-winder would be perfect: 2 frames per second, slim, relatively light
and not a burden to carry around.>>>>>>

Pascal,

Hey no problem mon ami,  as soon as the re-chargeable power pack comes
along, your battery problem is solved. :) You'll be laughing in mid summer
with winder and re-chargeable power pack,  while us motor folks will still
have to wait until september.

The motor isn't that much bigger than the winder and the extra power pack
and some of us need the 3.5 frames per second! And times when we wished it
was a couple more faster than that.  :)

ted