Subject: Re: [Leica] An Update Regarding R8 Screen Experiments
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:39:09 -0700

Pete Myers,

For what it's worth, I am a big fan of Beattie's plain Intenscreen w/grid.
At times, I've used them on Rollei SLRs with the bellows racked out, f/11
AND a polarizing filter. That I could still see the effects of lens tilt
tickled me pink :-)

The grid is an excellent way of keeping an eye on unwanted
convergences--especially valuble when using wide lenses.

You might think the lack of "focusing aids" would be a problem, but I find
the Beattie (and yes, Accu-Matte) screens visibly snap into focus at a
pretty well-defined point, and in any event, for much of what I do,
microprisms and split-image spots would black out annoyingly. But I wonder
if some of the R-series screens already do employ Accu-Matte technology? If
not, perhaps some Minolta part could be adapted to fit.

Jeff