Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF TOPIC - Digital
From: Dave Richards <rchdp@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:34:51 -0700

At 05:12 PM 1/27/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Richard,
>
>From what I have been able to put together, the best  bang for
{snip}
>the buck is still having your slides/negs scanned and put onto a
>Kodak photo CD.

While browsing the Kodak web site I discovered that Kodak will scan
processed film and return the images in the form of graphics files.  If I
remember correctly they will either email or return diskettes.  They may do
other things as well.

One of the things that originally appealed to me about Seattle Film Works
was that I could get my pictures scanned by the processor.  After reading
the strongly negative comments about SFW in this list I no longer consider
them a reliable source.  The fact that Kodak will also do it makes Yellow
Box even more attractive to me.

Dave