Subject: Re: [Leica] Chance from R to Nikon?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 21:16:32 -0600

At 08:21 AM 1/29/98 -0500, you wrote:

>chribeck wrote:
>
>>I must even say some of the Nikon lenses (e.g. 2.8/20) give better
>contrast and better
>>tonal range than the L lenses.
>
>Yeah, sure, much better than the 19/2,8...(Eric ?!?)

Yeah, and pigs fly.

I have owned and used two vintage Nikon 20mm lenses. One of my co-workers
now is using one of them (after having the front element replaced because
he's pretty hard on lenses). It's a darn good lens, but it can't touch the
19 Elmarit.

I'm going to post a picture tonight on my web page of a woman sitting in
front of a church. Not a terribly inspired image, I'll agree, but it sure
has the 19 look! I'll leave it a bit bigger than most of my other pictures,
so you an look at it close. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Pi R Squared? No Pi R round, Cornbread R Square!