Subject: Re: [Leica] Battery life (and price) for R8 motor-winder
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 21:45:35 -0600

At 09:23 PM 1/29/98 +0100, you wrote:

>A pity Leica did not make a motor-winder which operates on normal AA
>batteries. This would only result in a rather moderate increase in size.

I don't know. Having a permanent battery inside the MWR8 might make it
smaller. No need for a mechanism for loading and unloading AA batteries. An
EOS1n or Nikon F5 with 8 batteries is quite large. And the battery pack
powers the camera as well as let's you rewind. As a pro, I think the rewind
is a great idea. We shall see. I'm sure if the motor turns out really good,
I can sell the winder and get the motor.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Pi R Squared? No Pi R round, Cornbread R Square!