Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 and Japan - Correction
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:23:05 -0500

At 08:43 AM 1/30/98 -0600, Larry Kopitnik wrote:
>Mitsubishi, I believe, owns a substantial piece of Nikon.

Mitsubishi, I believe, owns ALL of Nikon, and I believe this has been the
case throughout Nikon's existence.  Before the War, almost all Japanese
companies were interlocked by massive joint ownership.  This was made
illegal by the Allies after the War but a few survivals, such as Nikon,
were allowed to continue, as no military threat was seen by allowing a
ship-building company like Mitsubishi to own a camera and lens company.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!