Subject: Re: [Leica] M-3 > M-6 0.85??? Help! to Art P
From: "Steven Blutter" <sblutter@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 12:57:05 -0600

art, thnx yr response - i dont think i'm listening to the group too much -
more concerned with long range useability of m3 type camera.

i take great advantage of the bi-nocular ability of .90 viewfinder, coupled
with the fact that i'm starting to treat my m3's like the fragile elders
they are invariably becoming - the 0.85 seems perfect.  new, with warrenty
etc.  new tech isn't always bad - my smith corona typewriter can't do this
for instance...

i'm confusing myself for sure - todays job is a Complete lens/body
compatibilty test; 4 bodies x 10 lenses (am going to use a LUGer's advise
with pencil, acute to background) should (groan here) focus things for me...

having poor results the other day 'freaked me out' (a 3 with the 40C and
another with 3 summi 50 collapsable combo).  maybe its my eyes?? (with a
rangefindr?)

so this situation has me wanting the 0.85 with the new elmar 50 collapsable
(if you can use the SOOKY-M)

my new art work requires blowing up into grainy images (1/5th or so of the
image) to 16 X 20" (web sight in about 2 months).  if the initial image
isn't razor sharp i'm sunk (4 X 5 is too cumbersome but may be the way i
have to go)

i do have a scanned image if you guys want to see it (370k)...and help me
with this quandry

maybe get the 0.85 and sell stuff off at best prices, but i've got to get
this series underway.  (or work on my $ side harder...)

i'm rambling - sorry

steven

btw, what is the magnification of the m2/4's?