Subject: [Leica] Leica R 8 Motor-Winder arrived and works excellent!!
From: Fred Hess <fredhess@wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 21:17:12 +0100

Hi, LUGGERS,

A few days ago I recieved my Motor-Winder R8, with fabrication # 528.
In the Netherlands only 3 pieces where available. It works very well
with my camera. Smoothly and almost (too) noiseless.It is sometimes very
hard to hear the transportation of the film. For instancte when you are
working in noisy surroundings.
The  combination of camera and winder is well designed, and not so bulky
like the Motor-Winder/-drive R4.
I am looking forward to the Motor-Drive, which I also ordered. But I
have to be patient, almost as usual with LEICA-stuff.