Subject: Re: R: [Leica] Noctilux
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:28:05 -0800

ted grant wrote:

> There is a very distinct "lighting situation that they all followed or
> used, that once it has been brought to your attention it is common
> throughout very nearly all their shooting.HCB being the master.
>
> Our comment was, "did you notice how nearly all these guys shot on overcast
> or soft light days?" They never shot on bright sunny days! Or it seems that
> way on the overall.

Ted,
You'll remember some months ago on the LUG I gave a summary of lecture I
heard by Leica photographer Marc Riboud and one of his comments was:
"Direct sunlight is the enemy of photography."

He obviously doesn't have to shoot travel photos and get them accepted
by a commercial stock agency!!

donal

- --
Donal Philby