Subject: Re: [Leica] Chance from R to Nikon?
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 19:58:05 +0000

Just out of curiosity, has anyone gone the other way and adapted
Leica reflex glass to the Nikon mount.

I'm hanging on to an F3 and Fm2 which offer some definite advantages
to some of my work (detachable prism on the F3, 1/250th flash sync
on the FM2 which finally arrived in Solms with the R8),

On 31 Jan 98 at 18:14, ted grant wrote:

> Here's a Nikon lens leica body story of real time and not
> hypothetical stuff.

[snip]

> So I thought what the hell, if the Germans can't get their act
> to-gether for working photographers, why not take a Leicaflex to the
> Japanese and put a Nikon 300 2.8 on the Leicaflex.  I thought this
> might crank a few tails in Germany, later I heard there were few in
> Wetzlar who thought I had committed blasphemy! :)
>
> And that's what I did, bought a Nikkor 300 2.8 and Reinhold Mueller,
> at the time a technician for Leica Canada adapted the lens to fit my
> Leicaflex of the day.

[snip]