Subject: Re: [Leica] Steinheil Culminar
From: Steve Hickel <smhickel@x2.alliance.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 20:02:48 -0500

Sorry for the slightly off-topic but not really. For my M6 yesterday, I
received a Steinheil Culminar F2.8,85, Chrome Lens. Nice lens really and
considering its cost, a bargain (yet to be proven by the shots taken
today). My lens doesn't have a lens hood or filter, not that I will  put a
filter on it anyway. I will protect the front element with a leica lens
hood. What I would like to know from those in the know is what lens hood
should I get for this lens? Is there one I can buy new that will fit it or
must I look for something old? Thoughts?

Also, before the naysayers come out of the woodwork, is there any good
comments on this lens? I let you know when I will be able to handle bad
comments? Just kidding. Let loose.

Steve