Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic - Economics 101
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 10:47:47 +0800

TEAShea@aol.com wrote:

>  I recently had to send back three M6's due to cosmetic
> flaws.

Tom,

I must agree with you on this.  I never sent mine back though, because I
figured I would use them and scratch them anyway.  But they are hard to
scratch!  The finish on the most part can only be ****ed up at the
factory!  I have an M6/T and the finish is full of flaws, as with both
my chrome 50mm and 35mm Summicrons.  The chrome on the lenses has this
"flaking" effect.  You'd figure for the amount of money Leica is
charging for equipment, they would pay a little bit more attention to
quality, even though it is only cosmetic.  Only the other hand, would
you buy a Mercedes if the paint job was spotty?  From not on any new
Leica gear will be purchased in black only. Maybe Leica should move the
plant back to Canada.