Subject: Re: R: [Leica] Noctilux
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 22:08:22 -0600

At 02:14 PM 1/31/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Without denigrating HCB (I think he's one of the greatest photographers), I
>suspect that he could walk into pretty well any magazine and get two rolls
>of toilet paper published, such is his reputation.

Baloney. Magazines have standards, and are not impressed like amateurs are
with big names in photography. Epoca hires the best in the world, among
them numerous Magnum photographers. HCB knows that. And he has standards as
to what he would offer them. Photographers are only as good as their last
assignment. And if they doesn't produce, they don't get hired the next time.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.