Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters ( with or without a proposal for a dual) again, very long.
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 23:28:42 -0800

>Seriously, can someone propose a simple test,like shooting a scene with and
>without the UV filter, under prescribe conditions so that we settle this
>matter

First, why would you want a UV filter on your lens?

If you answer "to cut down on UV blue getting to my film", well unless your
lens is older than the early 1960's, you do not need a filter. It's in the
glue.

If you answer "to protect my lens", well... what does a photographic test
have to do with lens protection? Nothing!

So it's simple. No test needed.

Jim