Subject: [Leica] Mail failure
From: postmaster%RELIGION.MR.BBC@nr-comms.radio.bbc.co.uk
Date: 31 Jan 98 13:06:00 GMT

FROM: BBCNORTH/RELIGION/POSTMASTER
TO: 'leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us'                        DATE: 31-01-98
                                                               TIME: 13:06
SUBJECT: Mail failure

[008] Failure delivering user mail due to mailbag contention.
Mail item was not delivered to:
  BBCNORTH/RELIGION/KIMEJ44

DATE:  01-30-98     TIME:  20:32
FROM:  MHS:leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

TO:  MHS:leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
SUBJECT:  Re: [Leica] Re: Nikon
PRIORITY:

I can't speak for current M6 reliability...only to the real-world test
that my 1958 Leica M2 has endured. I bought it used 20 years ago. In the
meantime I've worn out several Nikkormats, 3 Nikon FMs, and most of my
replaced AI Nikkor lenses are a little sloppy in the heilacoil by now.
My M2 and the 3 Leitz lenses are as tight and solid and sharp as the day
I got them.
        I love the Nikon FMs for normal picture taking. Good quality
cameras, well designed, and replaceable.
        The Leica is a more intuitve camera that proves itself to me
time and time again. Leicas were (are probably still are) made to
last...maybe several lifetimes. If you like cameras like that, ones that
won't let you down, but also won't keep up with modern "features"
...than the Leica may be for you.
        I have to believe that the Leica M6 is worthy of the highest
expectations because it's from the Leica family of quality. Companies,
even German ones, can be susceptable to the temptations of lower
manufacturing costs, lower quality control, etc. but Leica has certainly
earned themselves the benefit of the doubt!

Tom

Baltimore