Subject: Re: [Leica] Steinheil Culminar Lens Hood
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 19:59:07 -0500

At 07:17 PM 2/1/98 -0500, Steve Hickel wrote:
>Thanks. I brought it up to a bright light and looked at the front of the
>lens. What I saw was an inner ID ring with the serial number, and inside
>that and just next to the element might be a small three-thread receiver
>for a hood. Does this sound like it makes sense?

My Steinheil references are still at my ex-wife's house.  I owned one of
these sweethearts some years back (SHAMELESS PLUG!  YOU TOO CAN READ ALL
ABOUT IT!  BUY MY LTM LENS BOOK!), and I recall that it had a 49mm screw-in
filter attachment.  But there may have been variations.  I do have some
pictures of the Culminar which I will dig out if my ex-wife's cat doesn't
chew them up first.

I suppose you could always use a slip-on lens hood.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!