Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W Slides
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 21:33:33 +0100

Dale,

some people mentioned the Agfa Scala. It is a great Film. It is an ASA 125
film which I used together with Kodachrome 25 and Fuji Velvia. Some Pictures
shot at night in Cairo are really outstanding. Wonderful tonal rendition
blackest black, whitest white.

However, it is expensive. Overhere in Germany I have to pay the equivalent of
about $20 for one Film, processing included. It takes some time, since you
have to send it to special labs.

The Agfa Scala can be developed in a reversal kit, but the whites are not as
clear as wiith the original processing.

Give it a try! My brother asked me why I did not shoot all pictures in B&W.

christoph

P.S. Agfa has all its technical data sheets on the web:
http://www.agfaphoto.com/library/datasheet/film/index.html

The adresses where to develop are listed as well!