Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #140
From: "christian becker" <chribeck@orion.rz.mdc-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 09:58:20 +0100

> What difference does it make who designed the body?  You buy into a
> camera system for its lenses.  The camera body is merely a light proof
> box.  Besides, if a Japanese camera company were to have anything to do
> with the R8, my guess is that most of us would be SECRETLY relieved.
> When was the last time any German company came up with an original all
> German camera design?  Would anyone out there say Kyocera did a poor job
> with Contax SLRs or the G2?  The G2 and the RTS III are proofs that this
> German/Japanese alliance can be a good thing!

Before Lucien comments on this comment, let me just say that Kontax bodies are
not german/japanese but entirely japanese.
And by the way it does not make a difference for the USER where parts of a body
come from, but it seems to make a big image difference (for POSERS) - maybe some
out there have not kept up with development and still believe german-build is
better build.

Christian