Subject: Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 17:13:33 +0000

At 03:07 AM 4/2/98 EST, you wrote:
>I EXPRESSED INTEREST IN PURCHASING A NOCTILUX LENS FROM MY LOCAL REPUTABLE
>DEALER.  HIS RESPONSE WAS IT IS A FINE LENS FOR LOW LIGHT PURPOSES ONLY.  I
>WOULD APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK RE. EXPERIENCE USING THIS LENS IN EXTERIOR
>CONDITIONS.  THANK YOU. SCOTT P.

Scott,

I have used it indoors and I have used it outdoors.  To say that it is a
low light and indoor lens would be to underrate its vast potential.  The
outdoor shots are fantastic.  Use the lens with the fastest shutter speed
possible so that you can open it up as fully is possible.  It purrs wide
open!  Word of advice - you will need to focus it spot on at f1.0.

You will love this lens.

Dan K.