Subject: RE: [Leica] V35 Enlarger questions
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 12:36:00 +0000

David Feldman
wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
1) Is it still possible to get these repaired?
I presume so, just ring Leica.

2) Does the enlarger keep its alignment settings?
Yup!

 Is it easy to align?
The instructions suggest so.

3) Anyone know where I can get a manual for this?
I just bought one , send me an SAE and I'll photocopy it for you. The Hove =

book totally avoids this issue, the most useful thing to write about was =

avoided, what a shame! Though it talks at length about the wonderful packin=
g =

box it arrives in!

4) What would be a good price?
=9C800(UKP) inc. lens. A normal price is =9C1000, without lens look for nea=
rer =

=9C600, they're expensive...

5) Can you use other lenses than the 40mm that comes with the unit?
yes, if you want manual focusing.
Other 40mm lenses (Schneider?) might give autofocus but I wouldn't bank on =

it.
The first versions came with 50mm lenses fitted, these were then able to be=
 =

converted to work with 40mm lenses, though I don't know whether the 40mm =

cams were already installed (2 for the price of 1) or whether it was a =

factory/service replacement. If the former, then there's the possibility =

that a 50mm lens could be installed to 'autofocus', though again it could b=
e =

specific Leitz 50mm Focotars that are required. I've read reports that each=
 =

focusing cam is machined to individual lenses, this sounds inplausible to =

me, but I'll believe it if assured from someone more knowledgeable.

Jem