Subject: Re: [Leica] Above AF
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 15:15 +0000 (PST)

Thomas Kachadurian wrote:

> How can I argue. I'll never forget the video that came with the first
> Nikon
> SB-24s. I had a few friends who passed it around like it was the secrect
> key, without which you could enter the kingdom of AF. The little
> buttons on
> the side of the EOS-1n scare me, always have.

Agreed, I'm really unhappy at the way the other manufacturers seem to have
handed the whole digital marketplace to Canon/Kodak on a plate. I *like*
the DCS520, I really admire the design and it works well, but as I said at
the launch "call security, someone's stolen the aperture ring".

I'm no luddite, but I simply cannot comprehend how a simple thing like a
camera, with two exposure controls (one to change the size of the hole on
the front, one to change the length of time you leave it open) can be
'simplified' into a morass of programs, modes and heaven knows what else.

If the M7 has buttons and an LCD, I think I'll give up and buy a paint
brush (or maybe a Gandolfi).