Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 0,85
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 14:10:40 -0600

I was interested in having a MJ6 finder installed in an M6 but was told by
Leitz NJ that they couldn't do it because it would reduce the value of the
M6J.  Nevertheless, I believe that someone in Canada was doing this retrofit
and the cost was $650 USD.  I think you could assume roughly $300 for parts
and $300 for labor for this conversion if you can find someone to do it.
One advantage to having a conversion is that you can have yourself a chrome
M6 is that's what you wanted.  It seems from the posts here that older M6's
may be of higher quality than those coming from Solms.
Bud Cook