Subject: Re: [Leica] Compur Shutters
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 23:20:59 EST

 At Mon, 2 Feb 1998 18:20 -0500, Ted Grant wrote: >snip<
 > It's almost heresy to use flash with the thing!  I know some
 >  folks do, but to change the shutter to "battery driven" for a handful of
 > flash enthusiasts is ridiculous.
 Just as a note of trivia - Leitz did cater to the flash enthusiast at one
time
 by making the Elmar lens in a Compur or Compound shutter with speeds
 up to 1/300sec.  From 1926 to 1941 - a total of 1,710 were made and are
 worth around $10,000 each today.
 There a photo of my Leitz Elmar #111,865  in a Compur Shutter on Jun
 Nakajima's Leica Web site:
         http://www.magicalights.co.jp/cgi-bin/leicaboardE.cgi?read=29

 Marvin Moss