Subject: re: [Leica] Macro Question
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@mra-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 09:26:58 -0600

> Could someone check their DOF tables...
>
> If you use 2 different lenses, say a 50MM and a 100 MM .....which gives
> more wide depth of field?

Frank,

You may be intersted in looking at the "Depth-of-Field Calculator" on the
internet at http://ue3.ee.nus.sg/DOF.html

You choose the film format (it opens with 35 mm) and whether you want to
work in meters of feet, then enter the focal length of the lens, the
aperture and object distance, and it automatically calculates near
distance, far distance and hyperfocal distance. It also automatically fills
in a depth-of-field table for f/5.6 through f/48 at various distances. You
can change the distances and have the table recalculate.

I've never verified its accuracy. But it is kind of fun to play with.

Larry