Subject: Re: [Leica] R35mm f2 ROM woes, an update and question
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 15:56:27 -0500

Ted wrote:

>We know they monitor this site, be terribly stupid on their part not to.=

>But how much action is taken due to what we are saying is another
question.
>We should all be as diligent of examining what we purchase in the same
>fashion as Pete, reporting the good, bad and ugly we find.

Ted,

I'm sure they take action when they know about it!

In the last 14 years (both in Wetzlar & Solms)
they have exchanged for me:
1 new lens, 2 new cameras and 1 light meter circuit =

in a 4 years old M6 for free.
And always without any discussion.
Last summer, I dropped my 80-200/4, lot of dammage=3D
they repaired it for a really fair price.

I'm more than happy with their "actions".

And I think they do the same for everybody,
but you have to let them know about it.

An E-mail to Solms is maybe better than an E-mail to the LUG
in that respect.  ;-)
But the normal way should be to go trough your dealer,
then the importer, then Solms.

Lucien
BELGIUM