Subject: Re: [Leica] I have started to scan some of the first images form the 35-70f/4 Vario-Elamr-R. If you would like
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 17:22:50 -0800

Maybe you should save as JPG at higher quality level than 3.
I always save mine at 8-9 for the best quality.....

At 04:00 PM 2/5/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I have started to scan some of the first images form the 35-70 f/4
Vario-Elamr-R.  If you would like to see some look at :

>http://amishalom.org/images/amy.jpg
>http://amishalom.org/images/amyshirt.jpg
>http://amishalom.org/images/heather.jpg
>http://amishalom.org/images/locket.jpg
>
>amyshirt.jpg and locket.jpg are detail images, while the other two are
full frame.  If the detail is about 8 inches wide on your monitor, it would
be equivalent to a 32 x 48 inch print!

>Tech stuff:  Shot handheld with 35-70 f/4 Vario-Elmar-R at 35mm focal
length on an R4sP using bounce flash from a Braun at f/4 & 1/100 sec. on
Konica VX100, scanned negative with HP PhotoSmart scanner into PhotoShop,
used Photoshop Auto Levels adjustment to image, saved as JPG with 3 pass
and medium compression.

>More images to follow.  I think locket.jpg is rather impressive.
>
>Bob Rose

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions
webmaster@5senses.com