Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: AF SLR or M for weddings?????
From: "A S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 20:53:55 -0500

Duane: Your exhaustive analysis Wedding Photography was very instructive. As
an amateur I have done my share of weddings/bar mitzvahs with M cameras. The
main advantage is rapid focusing in very dim light with lenses 35, 50 and
90mm focal lengths. My ex-wife has used a Nikon 6006 with zoom and actually
she fumbled more with the controls than I was with the M camera;in addition
in dim light focusing with the 6006 was not foolproof. Question: Is the EOS
system superior to Nikon with respect to focusing in dim light? Second, if
the autofocus is a "must" for you why do the "pro" photographers still
almost exclusively use 500CM and similar MF cameras at weddings? Surely, not
for focusing ease in action shots on the dance floor.

Regards, Andrew Jordan