Subject: Re: [Leica] weight difference with lens
From: "F.Tjandra" <anfas@indosat.net.id>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:54:59 +0700

Dear Tom
Thank You for your reply regarding the ' tiny fiber-like' on the
Summilux lens.I think I should give a closer description for the lines.
I suppose fungus growth is like when one sits inside a plane and look at
the pattern of the river path from above( lots of winding).For these
lines,imagine one has a bunch of thin rubber bands and cut it into
,let's say twenty sections for each of them.Then one sprinkles the cut
rubber onto the lens.The pattern for those lines are similar to the
above except that  they are very very thin (about 1/20th of hair
line?).I am not sure they are scratches because I did see some small
scratches which shows up differently.I just felt surprise that there are
scratches on the inside layer but not on the outer most layer which is
very smooth.I am no expert either but do like to know your opinion.
Have a Good Weekend.
Tjandra