Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Minimizing grain by copying prints
From: "John Brubaker" <photoman@novagate.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 19:25:49 -0500

Duane - It is possible to minimize grain in an 8" x 10" print by first
printing small, then making copy negatives to print your final prints from.
The trick is to make the copy negs on 4" x 5" film, so the grain in the
prints isn't enlarged much.  Of course, the down side is that sharpness and
resolution is lost through this copy proceedure.  - JB.