Subject: Re: [Leica] Black Tape
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@vcd.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 21:36:22 -0800

Thomas Kachadurian wrote:

> Cameras are black for one very practical reason. In a photograph
> with reflections, black doesn't show.

That's what left and right shift of the front standard is for :-) you
can even shoot mirrors head-on with no reflection of either the camera
or the photographer!

> Try shooting a shiny teapot with a chrome camera.

Funny that you should mention teapots because I've done that with
the express intent of getting the anamorphic image of myself and the
camera in the photo.  However, if I hadn't wanted that, I find my own
reflection (or that of my hands) more annoying.  This is especially
so when photographing close up detail on cars.

>It isn't all posturing

No, not all.

- -Dave, awaiting perspective-control lenses in the M mount