Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #150
From: Christian Becker <chribeck@mdc-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 14:15:22 +0100

>Hans Pahlen wrote:
>Please, Christian,
>I am using Nikon F5 along with my M:s , but I am not raving about it on >this
>list, because I respect and understand other people's choice of Leica
>SLR-cameras. If you like Canon, go and get one, and join the Canon
>list!
>/Hans

Hans, you missed the point. I respect and understand other people's
choices as well as you - and on that score don't need your advice.
Instead I'm really wondering that you feel the readers of this list
can't resist a critical comment or question.

I'm using an F5 (side by side with R Leicas) as well, and never raved
about it on this list (and btw I absolutely dislike Canons).
I understand that we (joining this list) chose Leica, because we wanted
something exceptionally well made - and I think in some ways we got it.
But since technology is ever improving it was lack of advanced
technology in Leicas who forced me into that F5. The fact that you chose
the same, proves that you missed something in your M's.

At least brands are completely unimportant compared to results. But if
Leica crashes because they can't offer what (first) photojournalists and
(later) the usual customer demand (like they nearly did in the 50th for
the same reason) - wouldn't you feel something is lost?

Christian