Subject: Re: [Leica] Defective Lens
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 19:38:46 -0500

Eric wrote:

<<<<C'mon you collectors. Weigh in here. Do you want sealed boxes like they
used to?>>>>>>

Eric,

I had saved a pile of different boxes, nothing in them, I'm a user!  Just
the empty boxes because somebody back in my Ottawa days when I was buying
lots of gear, told me. "Geeze save the boxes you know they're worth a
bundle and gain value.

The only thing I found of value was having the box to ship a lens or body
for repair. :)  Recently I found a bunch of them during a clean-up that
were just taking-up air, so turfed them all into re-cycle!

Damn, now don't a bunch of you start crying!!!!!!:)  I figuered they'd do
more good there than waiting for me to die and get thrown out then, as
"What the hell did he keep all these old boxes for?" :)

ted