Subject: Re: [Leica] Aspherical Summilux versions
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 20:40:16 -0600

At 03:06 PM 2/9/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Never mind cost, collectability and the nicer focusing ring - what about
>optical performance?

If anything, the newer one is better. But I suspect the difference is so
small that you would be better buying the latter. Not only that, but I hear
the original lens had some assembly problems, and some of them fell apart.
I can't testify that's true. But it's such a great lens, there is no way in
my opinion to justify the extra expense, and to deny some poor collector
the joy of owning one of the older models.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

God is REAL, unless explicitly declared INTEGER.