Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF TOPIC -computer help
From: "usinet.srlond" <srlondon@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:36:32 -0500

>>Come to think of it, there ain't too much difference between LUGnuts and
>>MACnuts;-?
>
>Hey, that's unfair: One company produces costly products for the select few,
>the other makes cameras.

I would be surprised if Leica could even boast a market share equivalent
to Apple Computer.  Leicas and Macintosh computers are more similar than
you might think...  both are premium-priced products designed for premium
performance.  Today, Apple is actually the company making the fastest
computers, as Pascal's tagline so gleefully points out.

>Two years from now, you'll be able to buy a new
>Leica.

That sounds astonishingly like a comment from a Leica-bashing thread on
rec.photo.equipment.35mm in the newsgroups.