Subject: Re: [Leica] Light box user needs dramamine????
From: John_McLeod@designlink.com
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:59:58 -0800

Thanks for the reply Richard, and to all who responded to my health-related
lightbox question.  I got many interesting responses, both privately and to the
group.  Comments and advice included the following:

o  Increase the ambient light around the box
o  Lower the wattage of the fluorescent tubes
o  Contact OTT-Lite for high frequency tubes and fixtures
o  Buy an EMF meter from JadeMountain on the net ($150!) and test the tubes and
ballast
o  Keep both eyes open when using a loupe on the box
o  Buy a new lightbox
o  Consider relocating the ballast outside of the box
o  Consider treatment for epilepsy (I don't have it, but thank you)
o  Get my eyes checked
o  Stop living on a boat (I don't live on a boat Duane)  :)
o  Shoot negative film (this must have come from a Nikon guy)

I will start with the easy solutions (ambient light, keeping both eyes open)
and work up from there.  I figure I will invest about a grand in the lightbox
question before I'm through (in time, if not money ;-)

John