Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Cassettes
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 01:42:08 -0500

At 08:34 PM 2/9/98 -0800, Jim Brick wrote:

>Until just a couple of months ago, I've never owned an M camera. For 35mm,
>I had Alpa until 76, then Leica-R from 76 until now. So my experience comes
>from fuzzy-lipped cassettes. I have an M2 now but, as soon as my M6HM
>arrives, the M2 is on the block. I understand the new M6 won't operate the
>Leica cassettes.

Good heavens!  Call Niels Thorssen.  Leica will cheerfully sell you an
M4-P/M4-2 baseplate that will fit you right up to use the cassettes -- and
Tom will cheerfully adapt your Rapidwinder to cassette lugs for a suitable
fee.  Think positively, not negatively!  Waste money if you will, but, for
most of us, saving a bit is worth it.  And with the volume of film you must
shoot, your savings will be truly amazing.  (Mayhaps enough to purchase the
cow that came close to doing Ted in a while back.)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!