Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #163
From: Emanuel-Temp_Lowi@READERSDIGEST.COM
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:06:44 -0500

My source for this was Sherry Krauter of Golden Touch Quality Camera
Repairs in New York State. Well-known to American LUGgers, she was for many
years on staff at Leica's Swedish agency and was factory-trained. She
continues to service equipment for some of the top American
photojournalists (among them, I believe, Elliot Erwitt).
FYI, and if memory serves me, there is a nice photo in "Magic Moments" of
HCB with an M6 and what looks like a 50/2 collapsible. The shot sure looks
like some high-ranking folks from the factory showing their new model to
the great one. Perhaps Solms P.R. department can tell us when this photo
was taken.
I know from a Montreal repairman (who lived in Paris in the 60s and 70s)
that HCB was winding down, but not completely out of the game at the time
you mention. He's really a painter now. A nice idea when cameras become too
much of a bother.