Subject: Re: [Leica] New M6
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:17:06 -0400

At 10:59 PM 2/12/98 +0100, Erwin Puts wrote:
>Yes I am trying it right now, but hasty conclusions are not allowed in all
>matters concerning Leica technology.
>The  new viewfinder is what I would call 'a quiet revolution'. It needs
>time to fully appreciate. The lines of the 35mm frame cannot be seen
>altogether with spectacles and barely so if one presses the eye to the
>ocular. I myself would not quarrel with this characteristic. The finder
>itself is wonderfully clear and easy on the eyes and when I am shooting 35
>I am in one of two situations
>1. carefully considerating my subjct and having all the time to frame;
>2. quickly shooting at a moving target and then the framelines will not be
>perceived, not even with a M6. And the enlargement it brings is really
>usefull for focusing and subject spotting.
>Erwin

Erwin:

Does the new M6 viewfinder have the same magnification as the M4?  I have a
M4 and just acquired a 35mm Dumincron for it.  I have noticed that the 35mm
framelines on the M4 can not be seen with spectacles on and with the bare
eye you must be very clost to the port.  For this reason, I am about to
purchase a M6 with its traditional finder.  With this camera I could see
the 35mm frame lines with my glasses on.

Regards,

Robert Stevens