Subject: [Leica] M7 Reflections, yet again, ad nauseam
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 23:05:28 -0500

At 09:13 PM 2/12/98 -0500, Thomas Kachadurian wrote:
>It seems that this camera:
>
>> --swing-open back
>> --built-in motorized film advance
>> --autoloading
>> --auto-rewind on demand
>> --a modern shutter with speeds to 1/4000th and 1/250 flash sync
>> --TTL flash metering
>> --better dust sealing
>
>Would sell like hotcakes to every current M owner.

Thanks for speaking up for me, but I'll pass.  I wouldn't buy one.  Period.
 And I use a Leica M for substantially more than 90% of my 35mm
photography, at least 95% (I DO carry a Rollei 35 in my glovebox, which
uses up most of the remaining 5%).  The Canon EOS simply sits on the shelf,
and it HAS the features you speak of -- but I don't like the camera nearly
as much as I do my M3 or M6.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!