Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanning software info
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 23:00:43 -0800

I guess it's what you want out of it. You buy a Leica and happily pay up to
2 grand for an M lens, or 5k or 6k for some of the R lenses (I have a 15mm
Super Elmar and a 70-180 APO zoom). In relation to the photographic
apparatus used to take the pictures, and the price of the scanner to scan
them, $300 doesn't seem like much. It's simply how far forward you want to
carry the quality. If you go 1st class all the way to the scanner, then,
because of a few hundred bucks, you get second rate scans... as I said,
it's what you want out of it.

It is a fact, that the $300 SilverFast scan software can do wonders for
your scans. See the following:

<<<<<
I agree 100%!  I own SilverFast for the LS-1000......it's a bit pricey for
a simple
plug-in for Photoshop (over $300 after tax), but for the major improvements in
my output, it is worth every penny.
I also recommend this software to anyone getting an LS-1000.

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions
webmaster@5senses.com