Subject: [Leica] M7 Mis-Guided Wish Lists
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 09:42:26 -0800

It's nice that we have so many M7 designers on the LUG.  I'm fairly sure
we have more than Solms.

My wish list is that Leica stays in business long enough to produce a
M7.

With less revenue from falling markets and product cut backs, Leica will
be scrambling just to:

1) keep up the present mediocre level of  slow product delivery,
"quality control" and tardy repairs

2) avoid  lay offs which would make # 1 above worse.

All of this M7 stuff is just pie in the sky since Leica obviously
doesn't' have the funds for it, or the in house technology  to produce
it.

Instead of uselessly dreaming about something that Leica doesn't have
ability to produce at the present time,  the LUG could really perform a
useful and much needed task by brain-storming how Leica can increase
market share and profitability.

The bean counting Solms Elves have a basic problem in that they don't
understand their product or their customer very well.     It was a very
bad day for Leicas and Leica customers when the Leitz family sold the
business.

If Solms is listening AND willing to take suggestions, perhaps we could
help them save their jobs, and our favorite camera.

My own ideas on the subject will be in a separate "Help Save Leica" post

Regards,

Stephen Gandy