Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Viewfinder: when does the lens come into view?
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:40:00 -0800

Erik,

Actually ................. I prefer the vanilla pudding ....

The caps that I am referring to are made of thick, see-through  flexible
plastic that I would guess to be 1/32" thick. They are very pliable and
have an elastic band around the back edge that will just snap on and off.
They will conform to square, round oval or ? If you can still find them,
they would fit your Summilux and my new 21 mm shade with no problem.

They don't look "cool" nor can you get them in black chrome ..........
but,........... they would work just fine.

Check in the baby food section of your local food store.

 Now, about dinner? Does that offer include air fare?

BTW ........... I lived in Grants Pass many, many years ago. Do you ever
get back there?

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA
USA
dmedley@whidbey.net

- ----------
> From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Viewfinder: when does the lens come into view?
> Date: Thursday, February 12, 1998 5:52 PM
>
> At 09:04 AM 2/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >Back in the olden days I used baby food jar covers that were very
similar
> >to a small shower cap. I don't know if they still make them but I think
> >will look.
>
> Rectangular baby food jar caps? If you find one to fit the 35 Summilux
ASPH