Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanning software info
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 11:13:13 -0800

Jim:

My philosophy exactly!  Since I pay thousands for a body and lens in order
to get the best quality possible, why go low-class on the final rung of the
ladder
to digital output?  If you want to scan with a low-end scanner, then you might
as well be shooting with a P&S.

At 11:00 PM 2/11/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I guess it's what you want out of it. You buy a Leica and happily pay up to
>2 grand for an M lens, or 5k or 6k for some of the R lenses (I have a 15mm
>Super Elmar and a 70-180 APO zoom). In relation to the photographic
>apparatus used to take the pictures, and the price of the scanner to scan
>them, $300 doesn't seem like much. It's simply how far forward you want to
>carry the quality. If you go 1st class all the way to the scanner, then,
>because of a few hundred bucks, you get second rate scans... as I said,
>it's what you want out of it.
>
>It is a fact, that the $300 SilverFast scan software can do wonders for
>your scans. See the following:
>
><<<<<
>I agree 100%!  I own SilverFast for the LS-1000......it's a bit pricey for
>a simple
>plug-in for Photoshop (over $300 after tax), but for the major
improvements in
>my output, it is worth every penny.
>I also recommend this software to anyone getting an LS-1000.
>
>Francesco Sanfilippo,
>Five Senses Productions
>webmaster@5senses.com
>>>>>>

>At 07:38 PM 2/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>Jim:
>>
>>Not expensive? $300 for a plug in that works with only your scanner. If you
>>have two scanners you need two different versions at $300 a pop.
>>
>>It's about the most exspensive single use software I've encountered.
>>
>>Tom
>>
>>At 08:25 PM 2/10/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>>All of you that are scanning, you should be using SilverFast software. It
>>>Jim

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions
webmaster@5senses.com