Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 wish lists
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:00:29 -0500

At 09:24 PM 13-02-98 +0100, Irwin replied to:

>>[snip] But when its features
>>are compared in a checklist with other cameras, it LOOKS obsolete.  If it
>>never existed, no designer in his/her right mind would propose such a
>>camera.  Its success depends much on its history.
>
>I do not think that comparing the list of features of any object to another
>one can give you any clue of which product is 'obsolete'. If you look at a
>simple tools like a hammer (in existence for many years) or a pencil or a
>brush, one might be inclined to state that its features  are substandard
>compared to whatever you wish.[snip]

Of course, you are right.  Note that I emphasized the word LOOK in my
original paragraph.  I don't think the M6 actually IS obsolete.

You mentioned the "very mythical" M9.  Is this the same as the "not so
mythical" M8 or the "marginally mythical" M7?

Dan C.